I thought I’d share this recipe for a green bean salad that I have been making frequently this summer. It’s really tasty, and lasts for days in the fridge, so saves you having to cook for a few days if you don’t want to!
The recipe comes from Molly Katzen’s Enchanted Broccoli Forest.
Swiss Green Been Salad
- 1 1/2 lbs trimmed green beans
- 2 large cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp dried tarragon
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt, plus black pepper to taste
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/3 lb Swiss cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup chopped olives
- 2 peppers; 1 red and 1 yellow or green
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted almonds
- Steam the green beans until just tender. Remove from heat and rinse under cold water.
- Combine everything else except the lemon juice, vinegar and almonds in a large bowl.
- Add the drained beans to the bowl. Toss until ingredients thoroughly mixed. Cover and marinate for at least 2 hours (overnight is good too).
- Stir in the lemon juice and vinegar within 10 minutes of serving. Top with almonds.
What do you make when you’re feeling uninspired in the kitchen? Even better, what about when you’re inspired but just don’t want to go to much effort?